Thursday, February 18, 2016

A letter to my warrior

My dear, sweet Addison -

From the moment you were born, you have been my fighter.  You have beaten so many odds and over came so many hurdles.  You have given the word 'fighter' a face... and it is a beautiful one.  You have given me inspiration and strength on days that you didn't even try.  You are AMAZING!  You have taught me so much about myself, life, God, and family.  You have given me a new perspective on truly being thankful and for finding joy in each day.

Your life has been far from easy.  You have faced more challenges in your short 6 years of life than some people with face in an entire lifetime.  I can't say that life has always been fair for you and that I've always understood why you had to fight so hard to just be alive.  And I can't promise that all of your troubles are behind you.  But I do believe that God's got some amazing things planned for your life.  I do believe that He is going to use your life to bring so much good.  And I will confess, that watching your life has changed the way that I choose to live mine.

I do believe that God uses our children to teach us.  He certainly has done that with you.

Thank you for teaching me to love in a bigger way.  Thank you for showing me that playing and laughing is the most important thing we can do most days.  Thank you for teaching me that life is exactly what you make of it and finding joy is such an easy task. Thank you for showing me that even when your dealt some really crappy cards - it doesn't mean you've lost.

I do know exactly why God gave you to me - and I am grateful.

Happy 1 year transplant anniversary (or liver day, as you call it) sweet girl.  I hope that you always remember where you started, the hurdles you've crossed, and how hard you've had to fight to get to where are today.  And just incase you ever forget the battles you've faced, I've made you a video so you  can always can remember (just as a mom would)

Here's to the next 90 transplant anniversaries.  I love you bigger than the sky!

With all of my love-
Mommy

Click here to watch video of Addie's Journey:

Addie's Transplant Journey


Addie's transplant journey




No comments:

Post a Comment